How to play MM2 on new computer ?

pilou
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

How to play MM2 on new computer ?

Postby pilou » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi!

I just downloaded MM2, last time i played was like 7 years ago and i was excited about playing it another time, the problem is that i have a brand new ASUS and the game is going really really slow, what can i do or what do i have to download (program) to get everything going right ?

Thanks by advance.

Pilou

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Just upload the game from you old PC in your Pendrive and then load it to your new PC by your pendrive.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

pilou
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby pilou » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 pm

No I downloaded MM2 on my new PC from internet (Torrent) so i already have it on my new computer but everything is going really slow in the game and even on the menus... I can't find a solution :/

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Which graphic card you're having? Also, it's an issue when using Windows 8. Are you using it? But the main thing always belongs to graphics card.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

gojo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby gojo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Is there any way to solve this issue with Windows 8? Midtown Madness 2 runs a bit laggy on my PC without the No CD-Patch, but it's unplayable using the Patch.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Until now it's not possible to fix the Win 8 problem, I even downgraded to Win 7 because of that :(
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 pm

The new PC seems to be a laptop (Asus is mostly known for its laptops than desktops), and being new, surely has Windows 8 as OS.
It's known that MM2, and probably also MM1, lags a lot when played on systems with Windows 8 as OS. Do the same happen with the 8.1 update? Maybe yes. Looks like there's no solution to play it decently, so far...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:02 am

Yes it's true. I don't have my graphics card so I tried MM1, MM2, RoR in a netbook. MM1 and MM2 had half graphics available and RoR didn't opened. And I knew that small screen means less graphics. And in that netbook MM1 and MM2 were lagging continuously when driving with traffic and near buildings. (Sorry to go offtopic but that was an example.)
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:12 am

If you've got Win8 then you should get a virtual machine with win 7 to run older games, like MM2.
MM1 and MM2 had half graphics available.. And I knew that small screen means less graphics.
"Half graphics"? lol
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:06 am

Answering to the question of Franch(kinda), yes, Win 8.1 lags too, but not as much, difference of like 7-8fps

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

[img][/img]

pilou
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby pilou » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:44 pm

It's such a shame that I can play... I have a laptop and windows 8... I think i can't do nothing :(

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Well, maybe you could install Win 7 as a dual boot, or use something VMWare to emulate Win 7 or XP.

[img][/img]

pilou
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby pilou » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm going to install VMWare but then i don't need to have a physic version of windows I can just activate VMWare ?

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, you can always "Warez" it, but otherwise, yeah, you need a physical copy or a legit .ISO image.

[img][/img]