Errors with add-ons and mods

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Errors with add-ons and mods

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:37 pm

So I keep getting 'heap overrun' or 'memory allocater' errors. Sometimes its with cars, other times its with mods. Some of these have worked for me in the past, so there is no apparent reason for it. I haven't put more than one add-on at a time in for ages, so it can't be mod conflicts or too many mods. and sometimes its at start-up, other times the boot screen, other times the selection screen, or occasionally I'll get as far as the loading screen.

What do these errors mean and what can I do about them?

The mods they've bugged as of late (not that this will reveal anything):
mini cop mod
NFS Hot pursuit 2
MM2HP
MM2 overhauled by rp

I don't know, could constantly moving the mods and cars from my "vehicle library" to my game directory and back do anything?
Also, occasionally if something doesn't work on my savegame, I create a new player and the new player might be "compatible". Any reason for this?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:44 pm

Except the Mini Cop Mod, all the other mods have more a feature of big carpacks, and it's right the adding of the many cars in them the plausible cause of the game crashing. They constrict you to have no other car add-on in way to work, at least. MM2 Overhauled! Mod is a more sensible case, but at least it's fragmented, with the cars in single .ar files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:15 pm

So if one of those big mods crashes even though its the only thing I'm running (like overhauled won't let me play new york, and HP 2 lets me go as far as selecting a car but then crashes trying to load), is there anything else I can do to drastically reduce the memory or whatever, to help me work around the errors?

I only ever use one mod at a time, so 'too many mods' doesn't apply in my situation.
If I have hundreds and I run them one at a time, will the game 'remember' traces of each till I hit my limit or something?

If there was a way to fix the error once and for all, I'd learn computer coding just for that.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.