Optimizing MM2 on windows 8

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Optimizing MM2 on windows 8

Postby Midtown2 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:24 am

So I finally ended up having to get a windows 8 computer and I've been playing MM2 and I'm wondering... I've downloaded the patch and set compatibility mode to windows XP SP2, but is there anything else I can do to make the game run smoother? I mean I know there's problems with mm2 on windows 8 and the game does actually work, but is there a way to make it a little more like it used to be?

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Check the video on this topic: https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Forum ... pic&t=5965.

There's a lot of topics here asking the same thing and just like the one of the link I posted, most of them someone answered, you could just searched a bit before asking.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Yep. The only solve for this problem. But after playing a while it sorta keeps lagging the game everytime the car hits stuff, mild jolts or incurs the slightest variable change on the damage scale, even though the car is absent of damage textures/breakables. This being one reason I decided to opt for the conventional Alt+Tabbing method.

And that solution topic needs 'Stickying'.
Last edited by BIGzee on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 pm

A tutorial about how to play well MM2 on Windows 8 and 8.1 is already set as sticky, and it's this one.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|