[Help] How to run/What's best to do for MM2 in 2015

Zeo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[Help] How to run/What's best to do for MM2 in 2015

Postby Zeo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Hello there ! Im new around =)

I played MM2 alot when I was a kid, no custom thingy (maps, cars, etc.) I didn't knew we could have custom stuff.

So I downloaded ALL MAPS, ALL CARS, ALL ADDONS lol XD

Put all of them in my MM2 folder and I got a Overrun errors. I've read we can't have too much *.ar in MM2.

So im wondering what's best to have, what's popular ? Is there a [Package 2015] for MM2 ?

Also is there "unofficial patch" released by fans, that's makes your game run smoother, better, nicer looking, 1080p widescreen, etc. ?

Also so far I can get my game to work only on VMWare (WinXP) im not able to get the game working on Win8.1 x64

I know this is sooooooooo many questions, like I said I have no idea what the commaunauty runs on. I couldn't find a "Modded/Re-Pack" version of MM2 anywhere.

Thank you so much for reading me, hope hearing back from you guys.

Best regards, Zeo

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello and welcome, Zeo. :) Well, you are new here but you're already pretty familiar with MM2 having already played it long time ago, as you say. :wink:

This website has the best selection of add-ons and mods for MM2. Some of them are of less quality, anyway, and the MM1 section is still small.
Concerning cars add-ons, that's something individual, and you decide to download those you like more or those you see interesting and curious to try by reading the description and seeing the screenshots. It's mainly a fact of favorite kind of cars and brands. For tracks and mods, isn't that different, you're free to download and try those that makes you curious.
There isn't a big pack to improve the game in every aspect or a modded/remade game distribution (something about this was in WIP some time ago), but about the graphic improvement and more, you can't miss this one plus the patch. To get higher screen resolutions, there's this apposite tool.
The worse thing with the newer Windows operative systems, graphic drivers and systems is the difficulty working of the game. Helpful guides about how get a better running of the game on them there are here and here. I guess that run it on a virtual machine with Windows XP is a good solution, also if not comfortable.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Zeo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Postby Zeo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Hello Franch88, thanks alot for this warm welcome =)

Thanks aswell for the links you gave me.

Finally got my MM2 working, with sounds n' graphics since I applied the Voodoo thingy =) This is perfect :D

But when I put all files from RV5 in my MM2 folder, my game goes black only and when I add RV5.1 files, I got this following errors :

memMemoryAllocator:::FindHeap failed on ptr c16c418

And if I remove my files from RV5.1 it goes with this following error

memMemoryAllocator:::FindHeap failed on ptr 19adc418

Do you have any idea of what I could do to fix that ?

I didn't tried to add customs cars/maps right now though. Im waiting to make my game 100% stable before doing anything else.

If I remove files from RV5 my game works fine. But I really want to use RV5's Enchancement Pack for MM2, it looks amazing =)

Im sure there's a way to fix it.

Thanks for reading me and your help =)

Friendly, Zeo

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Hello Zeo!

By the way, i remember when i was a kid... (2-4 years old)
I remember that there was a exe that i only i have seen once in my life, it was a pack with a lot of old custom cars and tracks...

All of these ar files were named with "mm2_???" at the beginning.
Probably it's from the dead "MM2 Central" website, i don't remember well but it was a great childhood. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:39 pm

That's all. Sounds good about the game working. :)
Well, you haven't to include all the .ar files present in the archive. As you can see, there are optional ones, and every Readme file present helps to know more about them. Adding those in the folder called Main Installation plus replace the 4 ones present in the patch archive shouldn't make the game crash in any way.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:11 pm

There's even the Most Wanted Mod. Suggesting since you asked what's best for 2015. If 'essential' is what you meant, then maybe what franch88 recommended would be the best, and incl. (but not limited to) the ELS Mustang and MM2 HD.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby FXANBSS » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:17 pm

I recommend to look at the versions of the mods, there are some that aren't complete.

Example: MM2 HD.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:22 pm

I have the MM2 sajmon14 edition, it is definitely over-modded :P

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby FXANBSS » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:05 am

I have the MM2 sajmon14 edition, it is definitely over-modded :P
No, my weapon mod for MM2 is the best. :P
Spoiler

Sadly this is unreal.

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:01 am

Hah, you fellas make off topic-ing so fun ... :pirata: +1 to both o' ye.

@Zeo: not to confuse yourself, but there's plenty to try. Me being a member here since 9 months and running and still keep pestering people where to get a depicted mod I must've seen in a random screenshot. A good couple-o-hours of shopping in the Downloads section will solve everything, easy-peasy.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.