Making six wheeled cars and with trailer

How to have six functioning wheels on a car

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Umm.. There's no such thing as TRAILER HITCH H:m... Lmao. :P

BODY_H - This is the main body (the suffixes _M, _L and _VL are used for LOD objects)
SHADOW_H/_M - Shadow Objects (Both must be included, cannot modify the LOD)
HLIGHT_L - Main Headlight
TLIGHT_L - Tail/Brake light (Also used at night for rear lights)
BLIGHT_L - Brake light (Not used at night)
RLIGHT_L - Reverse Light
WHL0_H:m - Front Left Wheel
WHL1_H:m - Front Right Wheel
WHL2_H:m - Rear Left Wheel
WHL3_H:m - Rear Right Wheel

**The ones below are only needed for a 6 wheel vehicle**
WHL4_H:m - Rear Rear Left Wheel
WHL5_H:m - Rear Rear Right Wheel

Is the complete list. (Except the breaks)..

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

There's also the object for the trailer, or better, for the trailer object is used an extra .pkg file. Don't remember its name, this can be seen checking a not locked add-on vehicle that uses it.
I think that's not possible use even the trailer object in a vehicle with six wheels, because it must have two wheels. All is do a try, and is also pretty difficult the trailer object adding and positioning. Never tried it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sonicblast262
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years

Postby sonicblast262 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:26 am

I must have named the object wrong. :oops:
I'll try the name TRAILER_HITCH_H and TRAILER_HITCH, see which one works.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:09 am

Umm.. There's no such thing as TRAILER HITCH H:m... Lmao. :P

BODY_H - This is the main body (the suffixes _M, _L and _VL are used for LOD objects)
SHADOW_H/_M - Shadow Objects (Both must be included, cannot modify the LOD)
HLIGHT_L - Main Headlight
TLIGHT_L - Tail/Brake light (Also used at night for rear lights)
BLIGHT_L - Brake light (Not used at night)
RLIGHT_L - Reverse Light
WHL0_H:m - Front Left Wheel
WHL1_H:m - Front Right Wheel
WHL2_H:m - Rear Left Wheel
WHL3_H:m - Rear Right Wheel

**The ones below are only needed for a 6 wheel vehicle**
WHL4_H:m - Rear Rear Left Wheel
WHL5_H:m - Rear Rear Right Wheel

Is the complete list. (Except the breaks)..
Not even close. What about HEADLIGHT's, FNDR's, SRN's, SIREN's, SLIGHT's and (most importantly) BOUND? And still, there are many more (here are some lists), but most of them are not supported by ZM.

And yes, there is an object called TRAILER_HITCH. But I forget the suffix for it. Since it has to be exported separately from the other objects (BODY and WHLS...etc), my guess is it will be TRAILER_HITCH_H:m.

Anyway, an easy way to learn more about how trailer objects work is by opening the default MM2 fire truck (use deAR2 to get the pkgs, then import in ZM). Also important about the trailer object is its shape....or maybe its bound's shape. I believe it has to have a hook shape so the bound of the car can be attached to it. You'll see when you import the pkgs (also play with the fire truck in MM2). I've never tried it, but this all I remember from others' discussions about this topic.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Required objects for :

- Tractor vehicle

BODY_H
SHADOW_H
BOUND
WHL0_H:m
WHL1_H:m
WHL2_H:m
WHL3_H:m
TRAILER_HITCH_H

- Trailer vehicle

TRAILER_H:m
SHADOW_H
BOUND
TWHL0_H:m
TWHL1_H:m
TWHL2_H:m
TWHL3_H:m
TRAILER_HITCH_H

Dunno if a trailer can have six wheels too.

Detachable parts (BREAK objects) can be added from the vehicle and/or trailer, eight max. for each), fender and healights parts (FNDR/HEADLIGHTx_H:m, HLIGHT_H objects) works only for the tractor. Dunno if exhausts work on a trailer however. You can use TLIGHT_H, RLIGHT_H & BLIGHT_H for both.

The hard part to get a trailer in-game is finding the correct position from *.vehtrailer & *.dgtrailerjoint (TUNE/vehicle). You should have some *.dgBangerData files from TUNE/banger (such as prefix_TRAILER_HITCH.dgBangerData, prefix_trailer_TRAILER_HITCH.dgBangerData, prefix_trailer_BREAKxx.dgBangerData, prefix__trailer_TWHLx.dgBangerData).

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:51 pm

There is no such thing as.

@Silent- he only needed the list of things he did not have, he must have bound, because he was probably using the temp.

How would there be such a object as trailer hitch? Isn't there just a trailer?

From what I read on the list, it sure is trailer_hitch_H:m. Maybe that list is some confusing for him, there's no suffixes. I didn't want to post the whole list because it would take up space.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 pm

trailer_hitch_H:m doesn't exist such as TRAILER_H btw. But maybe it works too (as BODY_H:m) :/ Never tried.

Dunno why Angel Studios used BODY_H instead of BODY_H:m but the main object of a trailer is TRAILER_H:m.

You have two Z3D, the first one, the tractor, the second one, the trailer.

For each, a TRAILER_HITCH_H object is need. It's just a simple surface of two polys. Export the tractor as a vehicle and the trailer ... as a trailer. Then, from two files only, you'll edit the position of the trailer hitch in-game, from *.vehtrailer & *.dgtrailerjoint.

That's all.

You can't have the trailer in the same Z3D that the tractor and of course, the trailer have his own objects (wheels, breaks).

sonicblast262
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years

Postby sonicblast262 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:16 pm

I have the final verdict on the trailer hitch argument!!!
The name is (drum roll please)...

TRAILER_HITCH_H!!! :D

Now for the fun part, aligning it properly. :roll:

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 pm

LOL! Thanks for the correct name. :D Good luck with the rest of it.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Have fun :lol:

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby hastantyo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:53 am

wow, wait a minute .. tell me one more, i'm still a bit confuse about they're talked about .. please, more clearly, and perfectly how a truck with trailer will work fine in game .. ? :?:

- how did you export them .. ?
- one by one .. ?
- matching the potiton first before exporting in ZM (trailer hitch) .. ?
- what any objects sould be there (ZM) on the trailer .. ?
- and how did you made the *dgbangerdata for the "trailer", and the "trailer hitch" .. ?
- how its look in game .. ?
- maybe, a screenshot please .. ?

i'm sorry .. because, i'm tried this before .. i swear, i got it game one time .. but, even i hit the wall, the game crash, and never get it back again .. even, i'm still trying to do until right now (using the same method), still "failed" .. i don't know why .. :cry:

i'm asked the HQTM team for help, but no respon until right now .. because, they've released one of their projects "Freightliner FLD 120 Classic XL" THIS one .. a great truck with trailer work perfect in game ..

some said, they're dead .. but, i'm still wondering how .. :roll:

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:43 pm

From memory.

You export the tractor as a classic truck (PKG as standard vehicle) with common objects and paint names but don't forget the trailer hitch (a surface of two polys, doesn't matter his position) called TRAILER_HITCH_H

You export the trailer as it is (PKG as trailer) with new named objects. BODY_H becomes TRAILER_H:m, wheels are named TWHL0_H:m to TWHL3_H:m plus another TRAILER_HITCH_H (again, doesn't matter his position).

However the TRAILER_HITCH_H of the tractor must be correctly oriented, you must consider the fact that it will be linked to the other trailer hitch. Ditto for the second TRAILER_HITCH_H (the trailer one). So the first one looks like an HEALIGHT object while the second one looks like a BLIGHT object (I mean, their direction).

Here's the content of these two files :

*.dgTrailerJoint

Code: Select all

type: a dgTrailerJoint { ForceLimit 999.000000 JointStatus 2 RestoreForceLean 2.000000 DampConstLean 2.000000 DampLinearLean 0.900000 RestoreForceRoll 2.000000 DampConstRoll 0.100000 DampLinearRoll 2.000000 LeanLimit 3.000000 LimitElasticityLean 0.000000 LimitElasticityRoll 0.000000 FreeRange 0.140000 FreeLean 0.100000 FreeRoll 0.100000 }
*.VehTrailer

Code: Select all

type: a vehTrailer { Mass 10000.000000 InertiaBox 2.500000 3.600000 10.500000 CarHitchOffset -0.074035 0.506000 2.69712 TrailerHitchOffset -0.066000 0.300000 -11.50716 WheelFront { SuspensionExtent 0.100000 SuspensionLimit 0.100000 SuspensionFactor 1.000000 SuspensionDampCoef 0.200000 SteeringLimit 0.390000 SteeringOffset 0.000000 BrakeCoef 1.000000 HandbrakeCoef 1.000000 CamberLimit -1.000000 WobbleLimit 0.000000 TireDispLimitLong 0.125000 TireDampCoefLong 0.250000 TireDragCoefLong 0.020000 TireDispLimitLat 0.125000 TireDampCoefLat 0.250000 TireDragCoefLat 0.050000 OptimumSlipPercent 0.140000 StaticFric 2.000000 SlidingFric 1.900000 } WheelBack { SuspensionExtent 0.330000 SuspensionLimit 0.100000 SuspensionFactor 1.000000 SuspensionDampCoef 0.200000 SteeringLimit 0.180000 SteeringOffset 0.000000 BrakeCoef 1.000000 HandbrakeCoef 1.000000 CamberLimit -1.000000 WobbleLimit 0.000000 TireDispLimitLong 0.125000 TireDampCoefLong 0.250000 TireDragCoefLong 0.020000 TireDispLimitLat 0.125000 TireDampCoefLat 0.250000 TireDragCoefLat 0.050000 OptimumSlipPercent 0.140000 StaticFric 2.000000 SlidingFric 1.900000 } Drivetrain { AngInertia 5000.000000 BrakeDynamicCoef 1.000000 BrakeStaticCoef 1.200000 } }
(taken from another truck)

These files are the only way to find the correct position (and the height too) of a trailer, behind the truck.

Anway, making a trailer for MM2 isn't coherent. Long time ago, I imported a lot of them and, for each, the BOUND object don't surrounds the trailer whereas this one is below the horizontal axle (X from ZM) :/ Dunno if it's an error of ZM 1.05 but if you take the time to put the trailer objects positionned like a classic truck, in-game, either the trailer doesn't work or the look will be strange (too high, invisible or too far).

*It makes me want to retry*
___

Tips (make sure that you've the GEOMETRY, BOUND and TUNE folders before starting).

1a) If you don't want to waste your time, start ZM1, make a cylinder (16 horiz. steps, 0 vertic.), scale it a bit and rename it as a WHL object.

b) Copy and make the other wheels. Now make a cube, rename it as BODY_H, copy and rename it as BOUND. Finally make a surface of two polys (create > surfaces > flat), from the Top view, 0 horiz./vertic. steps), rename it as SHADOW_H.

c) From the back view, make another flat surface (0, 0) named TRAILER_HITCH_H ~ You can move this object to the back of the truck but doesn't matter in-game.

d) Adjust each object and recenter the axis, show all + select all, click on SEL, display > local axis > reset, click on objects from any view (except the 3D one), now click on "center axis").

e) Save and copy the Z3D.

2a) Open it and save as trailer.z3d. Rename BODY_H as TRAILER_H:m, rename each wheel by respecting the correct name (WHL0_H:m becomes TWHL3_H:m etc).

b) Select the TRAILER_HITCH_H object and click on Modify > reorient. Now you've the tractor.z3d and the trailer.z3d properly set before export.

c) Export the tractor as a standard vehicle (w/o any paint), then the trailer as a trailer.

3) It's time to edit the TUNE files now.

Here's the required files and folders to get a truck with his trailer, in-game.

banger (10)

test_TRAILER_HITCH.dgBangerData
test_trailer_TRAILER_HITCH.dgBangerData

test_trailer_TWHL0.dgBangerData
test_trailer_TWHL1.dgBangerData
test_trailer_TWHL2.dgBangerData
test_trailer_TWHL3.dgBangerData

test_WHL0.dgBangerData
test_WHL1.dgBangerData
test_WHL2.dgBangerData
test_WHL3.dgBangerData

These files have the same content, doesn't matter. Just have it with the correct suffix.

camera (3)

cam, far, near (nothing changes for a trailer) ;

vehicle (7)

test.dgtrailerjoint
test.vehtrailer

test.vehCarDamage

test.vehGyro
test.vehStuck

test.vehcarsim
test_opp.vehcarsim

vehGyro and vehStuck have detailed options handling ;

vehCarsim and opp.vehCarsim are identical (such as the opponent/player CSV audio files) ;

vehCarDamage handles the detachable parts, strength and smoking features (position, colour) ;

Finally, two new files are added. the dgtrailerjoint allow you to edit the capacity of the trailer in-game (elasticity, force feedback) while vehtrailer is the most important with these lines : CarHitchOffset and TrailerHitchOffset.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Sorry for the double post.

Well I tried and ... it doesn't work ...

Dunno why exactly. I tried many things, I checked pretty old addons but also recent one (two buses made by Romain de Brest).

I tried to export the truck as a trailer (because a trailer hitch is required), I tried by copying trail wheels to get LOD object (H & L), I tried only two trailer wheels (first 0 & 1, then 2 & 3). I tried by inversing the wheels position (0 > 1 & 1 > 0), I tried by keeping the same direction of the two trailer hitch objects.

Impossible to have test_TRAILER_HITCH.mtx & test_trailer_TRAILER_HITCH.mtx. They're not created during export (ZM1.05/1.07) but the recent trailer don't have these objects from GEOMETRY.

What the hell is going on ?!?!

Dunno how I suceeded the last time but I know why I stopped ...

Finally,
I'm almost definite that using whl_0 and whl_1 isn't a good plan. Use 2,3,4, and 5. whl0/1 are apparently to make the trailer fall down oddly or something when it gets detached.
Well ...

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:45 pm

If somebody wants I can send Freightliner Century with trailer to see how these objects are

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby hastantyo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 am

@ Riva : oh my .. :? what is that .. ? uhm .. :roll: you too a bit stressed ya .. ? :mrgreen: so am i .. :P but, thanks a lot before for the answer yeah, i'll study about it and try to understand it .. again thanks a lot .. :D

@ Sajmon : well, if you don't mind, send it to me in PM .. i'll check it .. :wink: