How can you edit gfxconf.dat for better graphics :?:
Tip of the day: Spam sucks. Nuff said.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:23 pm

If for "better graphics" you mean how get the unlimited drawing distance, the file that you're looking to edit, it's the wrong file. Here's the tutorial to know how do that. There's a more recent topic by Dummiesboy too about the same thing, here it is.
The gfxconf.dat file it's used for the game graphic settings configurations, and edit it, is only necessary to get custom screen resolutions, like the widescreen ones. There's already a tool for that, here it is.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

SuperstarX101
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Postby SuperstarX101 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:55 pm

But I used a hex editor to do that, and it disabled steering. Also, my game crashes whenever I use widescreen resolutions.

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:25 pm

Also, my game crashes whenever I use widescreen resolutions.
It crashed because you chosen an unsupported resolution. Find out an appropriate and supported resolution for your graphic card and monitor then choose that, it will obviously crash if we choose an unsupported resolution.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

SuperstarX101
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Postby SuperstarX101 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Also, my game crashes whenever I use widescreen resolutions.
It crashed because you chosen an unsupported resolution. Find out an appropriate and supported resolution for your graphic card and monitor then choose that, it will obviously crash if we choose an unsupported resolution.
Now i have new radeon for my windows xp :) its best is 2048x1536 4:3. Meh other gfx card could only support 1280x1024. :roll:

The best resolution my monitor can support is 1440x900 16:10

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:26 am

I prefer same even though my monitor supports 1600x900 but that makes the dashboard to not to fit with screen which makes the gameplay look worse. Now, with dummiesboy's widescreen dash fix, I can play with fixed dashboard in 1440x900. Previously, I had an Intel video card but I've now Radeon since few months which gave me a new supported resolution and it was that 1440x900.
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]