Server?

LordTimzor
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years

Server?

Postby LordTimzor » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Heya.

So i recently dug MM2 out of its grave. And after adding some cars i started wondering. Are there any MM2 servers? Or how can i start a server to play with friends?

All help is welcome.

Greetz. Tim

It_Is_Me
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby It_Is_Me » Fri May 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi.
When I last checked, GameRanger seemed a popular choice for hosting/playing games.
[color=gray]It is me[/color]
[color=red]THE CLASSIC MINI FAN![/color]

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Server?

Postby LTV_boss » Fri May 23, 2014 11:34 pm

I know 3 options:

-gameranger (which sadly doesnt start up for me..)
-Voobly (a bit empty and annoying)
-Hamachi - but this way you will need to add friends by yourself, and it is limited to 5 players
ImageBest sig Evah.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:53 pm

At the moment, use GameRanger client and multiplayer hosting for old games is the best way to play MM2 (and also MM1 and respective demos too) online with some people.
Hamachi it's to make new LAN networks with computers over the Internet, so it's perfect to organize private gameplays with few and picked players, with only those who you want, in few words.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

LordTimzor
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby LordTimzor » Sat May 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Cant I just port-forward it in our router and start a server via the in-game multiplayer option with icp/ip thingy?
Because my MM2 is not original and when i start it with game ranger it asks for the cd, which i do not have.

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Cant i just port-forward it in our router and start a server via the in-game multiplayer option with icp/ip thingy?
Because my MM2 is not original and when i start it with game ranger it asks for the cd. wich i do not have.
You don't need to have your MM2 original. This patch is a good thing you should use
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby whoami » Sat May 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Cant i just port-forward it in our router and start a server via the in-game multiplayer option with icp/ip thingy?
Because my MM2 is not original and when i start it with game ranger it asks for the cd. wich i do not have.
Download this midtown2.exe and replace it with your old one. I've used this ever since I lost my original disc.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

LordTimzor
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby LordTimzor » Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Unbelieveble that there's still today such an active community for an old game like this. You guys are the best. Thanks. Now my last question, do my friends need to download gameranger as well in order to join me?

Lets edit this one. The patcher just ruined my MM2 and the launcher contains malware. Thanks!

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat May 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Well, if you downloaded it from MM2x, it surely does not contain virus/malware. When downloading MM2 addons/patches, always get them from trustable sources, like MM2x or MMArchive ;)

Also, are you sure it's a malware? Sometimes my antivirus just gives me false positives, just saying ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:11 pm

As seems, you should have a burned copy of the original game disc or a disc image of it; when's so, it's enough install the official patch and use the Speed Boot/No-CD crack. In the case of the game files in a folder, it's needed another patch to allow the game recognizing and launching by the GameRanger client.
Did your antivirus recognized the file as a "Gen" malware? Surely it's so, and it's an obvious false positive...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby whoami » Sun May 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Chrome thinks the Speedboot midtown2.exe contains malware, maybe a couple of antiviruses do too. But I can assure you that it is completely clean.

Yes, your friends need to have GameRanger as well, for you guys to play together. :)
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]