Riva's maps

[RELEASE] Powerslide Barrage

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah I forgot to use the french real name of the Cesar's map "Campagne" aka Countryside but this last isn't really a map name but kinda track style.

Did you check also your graphic options ? I already got a bug with these while testing maps (like AGP very high disabled even if my graphic card use a PCI express bus).

Speedway (like HummerRocks says) is slow near stands and some builings in Sublimo are more detailed that other but Green Town is really a map for old PC, no problem with framerate but I don't test it with another PC that mine lol.

Each trees have four polys and that's why some of these are too close of road and get you bound problems. Need to slalom to avoid it ^^

Again about Countryside, I don't know if it's a texture problem or a problem with 3D model AND textures :? Maybe you can try to resize textures in 128x128 :idea:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Yeah I forgot to use the french real name of the Cesar's map "Campagne" aka Countryside but this last isn't really a map name but kinda track style.
I know that the French term campagne means campaign in English, and which it's used just to describe the map place, but it can be used as map name. ;)
Speedway (like HummerRocks says) is slow near stands and some builings in Sublimo are more detailed that other but Green Town is really a map for old PC, no problem with framerate but I don't test it with another PC that mine lol.
This is true: the Speedway map gives many increments to the game graphic if you go to the circuit stands. The buildings details issues in Sublimo Inner City can be passed.
Good to know that your new nice Green Town map conversion won't give frame rate problems to the game. :)
Each trees have four polys and that's why some of these are too close of road and get you bound problems. Need to slalom to avoid it ^^
Using the same tree PKG object as BOUND object is good to save time, but it can give this problem. So the trees uses a simple object with four polygons for the branches and leaves, with an alpha texture to leave the real texture on the object.
However is better use a simple box with high height that include the whole tree trunk as BOUND object to avoid this strange trouble. :lol:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:01 am

Riva, the Mountain Pass track is so long... I never knew when it would end. :wink: The trees act weird, like you crash into them, they reflect you or you bounce through them. How did that happen? :?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 pm

That kind of thing has happened to LOTS of tracks in the past. Mainly Chinese (sorry guys, fix your bound) tracks and really old tracks that weren't made with mm2city toolkit.

I LOVE this track. Such nice turns and hills. I say just fix the tree textures. You can get away with not fixing the bound as long as you make all trees far enough away from the road so that you can't crash into them driving on the road (that happens on this version).
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:57 pm

To be honest, I moved 150 trees to take away them from the road and thus avoid the collision problems (from the BOUND files). The real problem it's that the vegetations use surfaces of two polys (bole & branches) and not a surface of two polys for the bole and then two others polys for branches :roll:

I also wanted to associate these 150 trees like breakable objects but I forgot this important remark, all of versions of MM2 City ToolKit don't create automatically the BOUND of the breakable objects contrary to the recent versions which automatically created the BOUND of the PHx_ objects :?

Separate the 150 trees to have 150 objects, rename them and then copy them to have 150 bound objects (BHx_) and still to rename them ... I couldn't do that ... plus I don't even know if ZM accepts as many objects lol :o

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 pm

I know that can be possible to made a different BOUND object for each object, but this will take time. A simple rectangular that includes the intersecation (center) of the two polygons in trees would be better. For bushes no need to use BOUND object. Make trees as breakable objects, I don't think that it would be a good idea. :?
However these two new maps has been released, and I still have to try them.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:26 am

Green Town's off to a great start. All you have to do now is put the rest of the walls on the buildings and patch up the giant hole just beyond the fence. :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:23 pm

Riva, the Mountain Pass track is so long... I never knew when it would end. :wink: The trees act weird, like you crash into them, they reflect you or you bounce through them. How did that happen? :?
It has an end. ;) It's a typical Japanese mountain environment. The tree problem is given by the BOUND object, that it's the same of the tree, and gives some troubles if you crash into it. A more accurate and simple BOUND rectangular object was better, but it takes a lot of time to do them. :|
I say just fix the tree textures. You can get away with not fixing the bound as long as you make all trees far enough away from the road so that you can't crash into them driving on the road (that happens on this version).
In Mountain Pass, the tree texture problem is given by the alpha texture, that ahead the PKG/INST objects (sure the whole map), make an effects of disappearance of the landscape that there's behind the trees. I believe that both the maps, and also the other tree, are all made of PKG/INST objects, because the real PSDL is under the map; it's the same visible in the HUD map.
Green Town's off to a great start. All you have to do now is put the rest of the walls on the buildings and patch up the giant hole just beyond the fence. :D
I've tried both and they are good maps. Green Town is very small, and the few buildings have low details. Sure the problems that it has are the same checkable in the Racer original version.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:51 pm

I've maybe a solution about the tree bound problem. If I use the trees as breakable objects while copying the BOUND manually and then I move the tree bounds by the down of map (or between the map and PSDL). In this way we can drive through the trees. :roll: But this solution is more adjustable about bushes (like into Madness City 3).

awalwang : lol I know but I think that this Racer modeling method is used to avoid the superfluous objects. Logically you shouldn't drive in these zones ^^ But I forgot the Midtown Madness 2 possibilities lol

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:12 pm

Oh, okay. I'm not familiar with the Racer's ways. :oops:

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Neither am I. I didn't play it much. Even cars that should be easy to control (like normal non-racing ones) are too hard to control (even at low speeds), so I just stopped playing it. Why play it when you can't stay on the road? I just liked exploring the tracks.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 pm

I've maybe a solution about the tree bound problem. If I use the trees as breakable objects while copying the BOUND manually and then I move the tree bounds by the down of map (or between the map and PSDL). In this way we can drive through the trees. :roll: But this solution is more adjustable about bushes (like into Madness City 3).
This can be a good idea, but is isn't too good. But since the car ofter crash into the trees BOUND, maybe is better done this, if an usage of a more simple BOUND object isn't possible.

The bushes of Madness City 3 aren't really simple PKG objects without the BOUND, they are PROPS objects (or breakable objects), like the trees and the palms in London and SF; in fact them can be hit, and after done this you'll hear the same MM2 trees sound, but them can't be break, because them uses an high value of resistance (just like the MM2 palms and trees), adjustable in some file.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:13 pm

Can the palm trees even break down? Riva could use something really heavy, but still able to break(something like Banger fix on the SF and London trees x2).

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:45 pm

That's basically what Franch88 is saying. The palm trees can not brake, but they are brakeables it's just they are VERY sturdy (I never knew that). Riva could try doing something like that.

Although, if Angel Studios had more time, all objects would probably ended up being like that. Or are they? Maybe they are and a PHx_ object just has a VERY high value of whatever makes it easier or harder to brake.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:03 am

Maybe you could take a car that's really fast (like Panoz-GTR-1), and infuse its stats (after tweaking it the enormous new weight amount) into a Komatsu 930E. Would the palm trees break then?