HEEEEELLLLP!!!!!!!

How do I compress files for MM2????

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

HEEEEELLLLP!!!!!!!

Postby Vl4d » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Plssssss...tel me what program should I use to make an "ar." archive....Pls tell me hurry :( 8O

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:49 pm

Just use WinZip. Then rename the .zip file in .ar. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:55 pm

Thx man...u're really a good helper. 8)

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Uh...but there is a problem...At me doesn't work...or I don't make what should I make...can you give me the steps for making this job???:oops::(
Vl4d aka ..:Tr!ck:..

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:40 pm

Have you zipped all the folders with the files? If some important file or folder there isn't in the .ar file the game won't load it.
Zip all the car folders: they are Aud, Bound, Geometry, Jpg (optional), Texture and Tune. In the Aud and Tune folders there are other folders.
Open with WinZip a .ar file to see how is its folders structure. ;)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:05 pm

I understood these...but my WinZip does't open the .ar file.It makes a .zip archive which has in it the ar file...:(. Now this is the problem for me :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Just assing WinZip as default program to open the .ar files. :) You don't need to zip the .ar file. :wink:
You have to use only WinZip program to open the .ar files, not others like WinRar or 7Zip.

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:21 pm

And...should I make this changes from Options-->Configuration?...Sorry for these stupid asks, but I don't understand how to make the .zip file an .ar file...:oops:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:35 pm

After you've done the .zip file with the car folders, rename the extension file from .zip to .ar; you can also put .ar as file extension while you're making the compression with WinZip.
If the known file extensions are hidden, you have to let viewing they from the folder settings.
Open My Computer, click on menu Tools and choose Folder options. Go in Visualization shedule and remove the check symbol from "Hide the known file extensions" or something similar.
To assign WinZip to the .ar file, double click to one of them and in the list choose WinZip. :)