No pedestrians on roads

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Poland

No pedestrians on roads

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:31 pm

How to make city without pedestrians on some roads, or if it isn't possible on all roads?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:10 pm

I really think that the only way to not have pedestrians on a certain road is to not have traffic on that road also. I don't think there is any way to just remove all pedestrians from a city.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:35 pm

As HummersRock says, seems that there's no way to disable only the traffic or the pedestrians from the ROADS PSDL parts. You should make them in a particular way like in London, where there are roads parts with only pedestrians, or like in the SF highway, where there's only the traffic, but maybe MM2 City Toolkit wouldn't be able to convert the modeled object as such road parts. One of these roads parts are called ROADN, as far as I remember; just check the PSDL of both the in-game cities.
I did a similar try with another kind of road, the one without crossings, and seemed that it was going well, but the game crashed during the city loading.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:16 pm

I seem to remember something about naming it "ROAD_" instead of "ROADS_" to not allow the peds to walk down that road. Try that, and see if it works. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm

I seem to remember something about naming it "ROAD_" instead of "ROADS_" to not allow the peds to walk down that road. Try that, and see if it works. :)
It's not exact, if you use ROAD instead of ROADS you'll get a simple road with mirrored texture and no sidewalks, and of course without traffic and pedestrians; what he wants is a road with sidewalks and traffic but without pedestrians, like it's in the SF highway and Golder Gate bridge.
The road with only traffic and no pedestrians but with sidewalks seems to be called DROAD, seeing the SF PSDL, but I don't know if it's possible to get it in the own city with MM2 City Toolkit.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:37 pm

I know what he wants, franch. :wink: It has been awhile since I've seen that, and that's just how I remembered it.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Look at the cities from Classic Madness.Pleasantville has got no pedestrians,so I think it's possible,but the DROAD doesnt want be accepted,doesn't matter if i call it DROAD_ or DROADS_

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:42 pm

I know that MM2 City Toolkit doesn't support all the roads parts used in a PSDL terrain. If in Pleasentville there are roads with traffic nad no pedestrians give a check to its .bai file with the editor for this file of the MM2 City Toolkit; maybe editing some values you can remove pedestrians from the roads that you want, but seems something hard.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm

I'll try check is the left/right unkown saying something about ped's.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Hmmm...yeah, check the bai file. You can change some things in it, such as changing the lights for the intersections, the number of lanes, etc. So it could be possible.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:11 pm

I opened the variant.psdl in MM2CT and DROAD was used for double road,road on Golden Gate was as ROADS_

EDIT: now I know how to remove them, just need to make Left/Right Unkown 3 have 0

dude1
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Postby dude1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am

i dont know alot about maps but in MM2's london some alleay and walk ways have only pedestrians sorry if this isnt any help :(