slimbotimbo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Postby slimbotimbo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:19 pm

I too have Vista, and have heard that MM2 works with it. My problem is that when I (a.) Run the program it gets through the microsoft and angel studios stuff at the beginning but then just goes to a black screen, and (b.) When I run the setup, I get an error message due to some error in installing an .ar file of some sort. I have a feeling this is related to the first problem. I have tried windows compatibility wizard/mode thing and the compatibility files recommended by the trouble shoot manual, but nothing seems to work. Anyone have some tips OTHER than that my problem is vista?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 pm

MM2 works with Windows Vista, but it has some problems, explained in this topic. They're more problems related with little problems in-game, and not with the game executable working.
Is suggested to run the game with the Windows XP compatibility mode and with the administrator rights. For any case, must be installed its Windows XP/Nvidia graphic chipsets patch and use the No-CD Crack/Speedboot.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Anthony
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Postby Anthony » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 am

Odd, apparently I am subscribed to this topic despite never having seen it before.

Anyway with regard to your problem what graphics card are you using?
[code:1]<php>[/code:1]
[url=https://madnessred.co.cc/][img]https://madnessred.co.cc/MadnessRedAnthony.png[/img]
[/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:08 am

Reading better your problem, could also be a graphic card problem, because you get a black screen after the game intro video. Then you've written to get a message error when you run the setup, but which setup? Haven't you the game already installed?
Odd, apparently I am subscribed to this topic despite never having seen it before.
He has posted in an old topic where you have a post and are subscribed, then I've splitted his post making it as new topic, that's the mystery. :P
Nice that you're still around here. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 am

Run the program it gets through the microsoft and angel studios stuff at the beginning but then just goes to a black screen.
The black intro is a compatibility issue I think. Run in XP mode and see that it is fixed.