change default cars

L82
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

change default cars

Postby L82 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 pm

i was wondering if there is a way to replace the default cars in-game for MM2. i saw this on one of the screenshots posted on here, and really want to know what to do. where an i find the file/folder w/MM2 defaults and hange them?

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:10 am

Well it is possible... the Classic Madness mod for example.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 am

Stan says that's possible, and in fact a way there is, and is the one to rename the .info file present in not locked add-downloaded on cars.
Open these .ar files with WinRar (it allows files renamed in the archives, and it's better for this kind of operations), go in the Tune folder and rename the .info file changing what's its basename with one of the default game ones, like "vpbug"; in this way, it has the same basename of the VW New Beetle default car. To get the change in-game make sure that the .ar file name has at least one "!" symbol ahead.
Now in-game will result that the respective default game car is replaced with the edited one, but at the end this change doesn't give a valid result, just the one to see new names in the menu selection; the files of the default cars are still read by game because always present in it (there's another discourse about them), so this thing doesn't help in the case you wonder that because of it you can add more cars add-ons in the game than usual.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|