Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Diatosta » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am

I just have a question. If I put the Chicago siren sounds replacing the SF ones, will it have the same timing? Like, SF is this way: oui, oui, oui, ahh, oui (just an example) and Chicago ones are oui, ahhh, oui, oui, ahhh. How to make it like the chicago ones?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Yes, you can have exactly the same sirens sounding way, in SF or London as it's in MM1 Chicago (and maybe vice-versa). But what's to see is if the MM1 and MM2 sirens .csv files have the same writing way, to be compatible eachother, probably it's so.

PS: LOL at the onomatopoeic siren sounds writing. Are you French? :lol: :P
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Ok, i'll try that .csv modifying.

No, im portuguese ;)

And the onomatopeics, i couldnt find anothers :oops:

P.S-Could you indicate to me what .csv is it? Because I see a lot!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 pm

In MM2 the .csv files of the sirens are sfpolicesiren.csv and londonpolicesiren.csv, present in the aud\cardata\player directory. I've now checked and in MM1 isn't like in MM2, there's no trace of .csv files for sounds. The siren sounds files (you recognize them from the names) are placed in the directory aud/aud22/Sirens for MM2 and aud/aud22 for MM1. Since isn't made in the same way for both the games, you'll have to do manual tries editing the .csv file in way to get the most possible similar result as in MM1, it's a work of deciding the execution times and order of the samples.

And about that, I was obviously joking. :P :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 pm

I now saw it, thanks ;)

I'll try modifiyng it :)

Edit: Do you know any media player that give time to thousandths? Because I need it for the modding. Something that displays time like this: 00h:00m:00s:00thousandths.

Edit 2: I found one good, its movie maker. Pretty basic, but displays time to thousandths ;)

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 am

So unconsciously, I made a no sound police mod! The files where wrong and the police sirens make no sound. This could be a good mod for "tranquil" people that dont like police :)

Another thing is that the Chicago "edition" has a lot of cut sounds, like it starts at the middle of the sound, and I think MM2 can't do it :(

So I think this wont be possible :cry:

But maybe I can still release the no sound mod :twisted:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 am

I think that working a bit and trying more is possible get at least a result barely similar to the MM1 sirens playing way. At least, you use those sounds.

A no sirens sounds mod is already available since years, it's by HQTM-Team and it's here.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 am

Oh, I never saw that siren mod :oops:

I'll try a little more, as the chicago its a cool siren.

But, if there isn't a file, it means its hard-coded, or it's in another file?

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:31 am

I can try that. Infact the format and the way AS does it, since MM1 to MC1 was not changed.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 pm

I think I can do this, as its almost finished! :D Now lets wait it works well (fingers crossed) :)

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:56 pm

I dont understand. I convert to .wav, modify the .csv file to play the first file "MM11" (just for testing), and in the game, the sound dont appears, just the lights flashing. Can anyone help me :(

Edit: I get it to work. Somehow I forgot to add the .wav extension in the .csv file :oops:

Edit 2:When I try to save the .csv, it says it will lose all the formatation, except if I choose another format (RTF, TXT, etc)

What format should I save? Because If I save with the default, it crashes the game :(

Edit (agian :oops: ) I found the file type! I just had to save it as all types and then .csv. Yipi!

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Cool, it's also needed to have 22k.wav as extension (I think as I always had to put).

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm releasing a "beta" (yes, a beta, because the sound have like some cuts between the sounds). Another thing, at the end of the sirens (at 39 seconds approximately) it repeats like 4 times and then starts again. Why it repeats 4 times? Take a look at the file im uploading and if possible, tell me how to solve it.

Maybe ill do another version.

About the 22k.wav, I only used .wav and MM2 recognized it :)

Link: https://adf.ly/EA8eb

I tried in another and, as in this time, it make a vut of like 5 thousandths between one sound and another. How to solve that? :(

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Beta 2 and Beta 3 out.

Beta 2: https://adf.ly/EABaY

Beta 3: https://adf.ly/EABc9

What do you think its the best? 1,2 or 3? I think 3 the best, but as the disadvantage that turning off the siren, it will start again :( (Only 1 file used):oops: